- I get to choose who by, when, how, where, my child is socialized.
- Making a deposit for lunch money is called going grocery shopping.
- God will be the driving force, the explanation, the be all, end all, Alpha, Omega, center of everything they learn. Amen.
- If the jeans have holes in the knees, they're wearable! (I'll just pull out the piles that are towering in the linen closet).
- I will know which media my children are presented with during the course of a day.
- My children will use the same manners at dinner as they do at lunch.
- Once my children know their letters, they can feel free to move on with it, already!
- Reading time can be full of enriching material (such as the Bible) rather than some meaningless Care Bears Celebrate the Holidays book.
- I can see my children's accomplishments and commend them more each day.
- We can spend more time together as a family.
- Bible reading and prayer can be an integral part of each moment of our day.
- When they're hot, they can take their shirts off.
- If they want to kiss someone...well, I'll be right there!
- Our own private bathroom - no more "stall" incidents.
- I get to learn all this stuff. (some of it for the first time - so that's where Alabama is!)
- Learning will happen each day. And I'm not talking about learning all the words to, "Sam and so-and-so sittin' in a tree".
- We can take time off to go and have fun whenever we want! And that can be educational too! (just don't tell my children)
- Rest time for EVERYONE!!! Hooray! (This quote was borrowed from Noah)
- Homeschooling is the best way for our family to communicate godly values and walking with God to our children.
- God has made it pretty clear to us that this is what He wants for our family.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
20 Reasons Why We Have Decided to Homeschool