Today we started up school again after a 3-week break. This is hard. Good to get the boys on the routine again, hard to break through the thick vacation fog. So it helps to look for the blessings in such a day.
* Caleb and Noah were extremely excited to be going to their yearly checkup at the doctor's office this afternoon. Seriously, Noah thanked me for making the appointment.
* At that appointment, Noah received three shots. He made no sound even though the nurse told him he could scream as loud as he wanted.
* At lunch, Isaac was assuring his brothers that his sandwich was very cold. His classic "Mmhmmm" was followed by, "I smelled it and it was cold!"
* We're back to regular chores, which means that I didn't have to empty the dishwasher, sweep, or do the lunch dishes today. And I got help folding the laundry.
* I did 7 loads of laundry today and only have 1 small one left to finish. They're not all folded, but they're all clean!
* No toilets were clogged in this house today.
* We're all currently healthy!
* We found babysitters for next weekend!
* I got to pray individually with the boys tonight, which goes a long way in making an emotional connection with them, especially for my oldest.
* I plan on doing nothing tonight.
* Except eat ice cream.
Post a Comment